Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro 1505 crashiing

malydee 23:08 01 Aug 2007

We have a 6 month old Fujitsu Siemens laptop AMILO Pro 1505.
I have had 2 recent major problems with the operating system not loading.With each attempt to resolve the current problem, the status gets worse which makes me feel that the PC has been hi-jacked.
The first problem occurred 4 weeks ago which was XP not loading, i.e. The XP logo and the blue bars continuously scrolling but not loading the OS. The problem appeared to be resolved after backing up and reloading the XP rescue disk.
The current problem is slightly different in that XP now takes me to the "Windows is starting up" page but I am unable to select a user account.
I have tried reloading the XP rescue disk - the set up stops copying files at 63% (esent.dll).
If I try to reload XP, I am asked for an administrator password but I have never set an administrator password. As an administrator myself, I have a password for my own user account, but even this was rejected.
Have spoken to Fujitsu who insist that I must have set an admin password.
Following their advice I started in safe mode and HEY PRESTO , only the 3 admin accounts were NOW shown and each had a password box. On mine, my password clue was still there but the password was rejected. I have tried 3 more repairs but it still stops at 63% and I now get a further message "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: System 32\Drivers\ntfs.sys
I have tried a password recovery package but no success in identifying the passwords.
I tried a further repair with the recovery disc and now I get the Blue Screen of Death. This happens so quickly that I cannot read it.
This now cycles continuously - the situation seems to be deteriorating at each attempt to resolve the situation.
I would appreciate any further suggestions bearing in mind that using the recovery CD or starting in safe mode always leads to the BOD and the continuous re-cycling.
I would prefer to resolve the problem & retain my data rather than 0 fill the hard disk & reload XP.
Prior to these problems, the laptop had frequently frozen when carrying out simple multi tasking with low processor use and have to wait 4 or 5 minutes for the system to return to normal.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

brundle 23:25 01 Aug 2007

Perhaps the hard-drive is failing; use the manufacturer's diagnostic software - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017