Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D 7830 Laptop!

sydhall 15:54 18 Jul 2007

Hi ,
Can anybody help? With regards to my granddaughter’s laptop:
I downloaded the manual from the fujitsu web-Site: But unfortunately it didn’t give any information as to the whereabouts of the internal H.D.

I then rang their help line @ 60p a minute after 5 minutes was informed they could not locate it for me. Well I ask you was not at all pleased.

I used to build computers before retirement so having stripped it down was unable to locate the HD. I found Mem, CPU. Graphics card no trouble. What really annoys me after spending 5 minutes on their 0900 pay number they where unable to help.

Location if you KNOW please.
Syd.

skidzy 16:16 18 Jul 2007

Normally on the side or underneath.
Sometimes a little clip on the side (normally older laptops) this clip just slides across and pull the drive out.
Underneath,normally 4 screws to be removed.

If you have stripped this down,im a little surprised you did not see the harddrive.

jasper01 20:05 01 Aug 2007

The hard drive is located between the battery and`

jasper01 20:10 01 Aug 2007

The hard drive is located between the battery and the heatsink fan.
To access it turn the laptop over and note the side with the air vents. Remove three screws and slide the cover off in the direction of the arrows on the edge of the cover. You will see the hard drive located as above.
The hard drive is contained in a caddy secured by six screws. I have had trouble removing my hard drive but I have a thread going to give me some advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?