fujitsu amilo wireless adapter not available

rustafini 17:52 25 Oct 2007

so quite suddenly light on wirless connection switch on front of laptop isnt working neither is connection to router. its just saying adapter not available. also something small has dislodged inside laptop as can hear screwlike rattling inside. any thoughts??

ashley1215 20:29 25 Oct 2007

IS it a fujitsu Siemens computers Almino pro V2055(says this on the bottom of laptop)----if it is have you tried pressing the wireless button next to the power button --Do you have Oddesy clinnt for fujitsu__?????????

Respond and i will try and help

Ashrich 22:10 25 Oct 2007

On most Amilo's the wireless card is under the keyboard , it isn't too hard to get to , but a bit fiddly nonetheless . First find your self a flat-ish blade or something similar ( I use a nail file )as you need to remove the top surround that contains the on/off and wireless switch etc. , we do this by gently prising between the f10 and f11 keys to gently release the popper situated there , when this has lifted do the same on the right hand side between roughly f3 and f4 , when these are loosened you can then lift the surround off . A single screw at the top should be unscrewed to remove the keyboard , just turn it clockwise without releasing the cable and lay it sideways , then there is an aluminium plate , remove the screws remembering where each one exactly comes from as one is a shorter length and MUST go back in the same place . Having removed the plate you will then see the wireless card , the memory , processor and heatsink assembly and the retaining screw for the CD/DVD/whatever . Hopefully you will be able to find what is loose and fix it , make sure that both aerial leads are connected the wireless card and that it is properly seated in it's mini PCI slot , it fits in similarly to a memory card , at about 45degrees . Re-assemble in reverse order and test .

Ashley

rustafini 23:03 25 Oct 2007

thanks for that. Have done all above and there are no loose connections. However the rattling screwlike sound has stopped which means the loose thing has lodged somewhere. what else might it be? maybe something directly connected to the wireless switch at front of laptop, which is not working???

woodchip 23:08 25 Oct 2007

Yes Switch fell in bits

sbs28 22:19 14 Nov 2007

rustafini,

i have exactly the same problem. Laptop Amilo Pi1505 has just stopped working. The switch on the front has no effect, no light comes on or any change to the status and the Odyssey Manager states 'Apator not available'. Also, there is a rattle inside the laptop.

Have you had any luck fixing this?

rustafini 23:29 14 Nov 2007

fortunately my laptop was covered by collect and return warranty and they repaired it by replacing the wireless card. This is what they wrote on the form anyway. as for the rattling. well never had that explained to me. it seems ok now. They did question whether I was hijacking someone elses signal though so that maybe a concern. who knows??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?