Fuji Finepix Digi Camera Blurry Images

Regie 07:29 22 Feb 2007

Hi there, my Finepix Fuji digital camera isn't photographing properly. Suddenly I'm getting streaky images that stretch across the picture like a tv that isn't tuned in properly. Does anyone have any experience with this? I would rather get it fixed than replace it. Your advice is greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Regie.

dogbreath1 07:57 22 Feb 2007

I had a similar problem with a Sony DSC P10, which, after dropping it (doh!) seemed to produce dotted streaks across photos.

I hope your problem isn't as bad!

Technotiger 08:00 22 Feb 2007

Hi, I also have a Fuji Finepix F810, superb piece of kit. I could only make guesses about the fault you describe, which would be no good to you. A digital camera is not something the layman should try DIY with. So I would advise you to seek professional assistance, preferably from where you bought it, or from a local Dealer near you.

Sorry I can't be more encouraging.
Good luck anyway.

Technotiger 08:10 22 Feb 2007

You could have a look here ... click here
might see something similar to your problem.

sicknote 09:10 22 Feb 2007

Hi,
I had a picture quality issue with my FinePix E550, contacted tech suport here click here and they were more than helpful. i emailed a picture to them for inspection, after that they gave me repair ref, i sent camera back to them and it was replaced

anchor 09:57 22 Feb 2007

Obviously a serious fault has developed. If the camera is still in warranty, return it to your supplier.

If it is out of warranty, do as sicknote suggests, and contact Fuji.

Regie 12:23 24 Feb 2007

Could the lithium battery it takes be responsible for the streaky images? My camera is four years old. It has never been dropped, and was working perfectly up until about two weeks ago. I can't see that there is a structural problem.
If it is not the lithium battery, then perhaps I need to consider replacing the camera.
Many thanks for all your help and advice, and thanks for the fuji contacts.
Best regards
Regie

anchor 16:16 24 Feb 2007

Having had various digital cameras for some years, I cannot imagine that a problem battery could cause the fault you describe.

You don`t say what model Fuji it is, or how old it is. If it`s getting on, then possibly a replacement may be the better option. Repairs tend to be expensive.

anchor 16:21 24 Feb 2007

Sorry, I now see that it is 4 years old; (must learn to read properly - lol).

I certainly would go for a replacement; the choice is enormous. As I said, repairs are expensive, and the money would be better spent putting towards a new one, which undoubtedly have a better specification.

Post what you budget would be, and the sort of photography interests you, and I am sure members will offer recommendations.

Technotiger 16:29 24 Feb 2007

If you do go for a new replacement, I can certainly recommend the Fuji F810. I bought mine new a couple of years ago, so I expect they have come down in price a bit now - mine was well over £300.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017