FTP Uploading Files

AndyE61 13:53 25 Apr 2006

I have been trying to upload some html files to my service provider Tiatn InternetUnfortunately unsuccesfully.

I started by using Filezilla (FTP Program). I am able to get connected to the server ok. I can dowmload files OK, but when I try to upload to the server the file fails to upload correctly. The server has the file name but the file size is 0 bytes. I then down loaded a version of WS FTP Home and suffered the same fate.

I then called my service provider and they talked me through uploading a file using Command line FTP and this worked OK. This has proved that the server is working OK. They then suggested a program called Cute FTP which I then downloaded but this does the same thing.

I think the problem lies at my end either with the computer or the programs. Any suggestions on a way forward will be gratefully acceoted.

Regards

AndyE61 19:21 25 Apr 2006

I don't believe the connection speed is in question as we are on broadband.

I have already attempted to upload with the firewall turned off both on the router and on computer firewall. Neither of them made any difference to the upload.

I am able to upload CSS files and images, this issue only appears to effect html files. Also I can download files ok.

AndyE61 21:39 25 Apr 2006

While carrying out some tests a information window popped up saying that Windows Firewall was blocking some information that was being transferred over the internet by the programme Filezilla. This came as some surprise as I am using MCafee Firewall. upon checking the Window Firewall i found it was switched on. I have now turned it off and hey presto it now works.

Thanks for everybodys input

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?