FTP upload of web pages

Nicholas 18:52 11 Sep 2008

I have an account with Virgin media and have an existing web site. It's been a while since I changed any of the site and in the interim I have purchased a new computer. I have reinstalled ACEftp software and have managed to connect to my web site via upload.ntlworld.com. I have downloaded my web pages so that I can update them. The problem now arrises that I can't upload the new web pages. I just get an error '550 ourhome.htm: Permission denied' and I don't know what the problem is.

Pesala 09:14 14 Sep 2008

I also use upload.ntlworld.com and just tested using IfanView without any problem. I haven't seen that error message before. Could your 55 Mbytes of webspace be full perhaps? HTML is very unlikely to fill that much space, but large photographs could.

Nicholas 15:21 25 Sep 2008

I don't know what OfanView is. As I said, I use Cuteftp. I have only used 17.1mb of my web space. I have contacted Virgin media tech but they only direct me to the page that gives information on the set up of the web page. They obviously don't read the email I sent them as I've already set up the web page years ago and didn't have this problem in the past.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?