I am running windows XP with an Orange Livebox for my broadband. I have a couple of basic websites which I update regularly. I have always used Terrapin FTP and never had any problems before. Recently I got an email from Orange informing me that my b/band speed had been increased to 8Meg nd software in the Livebox updated.
All seemed fine until I tried to update one of my websites. A simple 210KB file was taking over 30 minutes to upload, previously it had only taken a few seconds. According to terrapin my upload speed has dropped to a ridiculous 0.087KBS.
The Firewall on the Livebox is switched off and my Windows firewall is allowing Terrapin as an exception. These settings don't seem to have changed.
Obviously this may be nothing to do with the Orange upgrade but it does seems a strange coincidence.
Could any kind soul offer any potential solutions as I'm baffled and Orange Technical Support (a contradiction in terms !) don't appear interested.
Thanks very much.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.