fsb.exe what is it ?

awest3 15:12 22 Jul 2010

Looking in msconfig I found an entry for fsb.exe in the startup tab..supposidly from Miscrosoft.
On googling it, google kept changing the search creteria for something called msa.exe..!
I disabled but did not delete the entry using msconfig and started up my malware checkers seperately (malwarebytes and superantispyware), nothing found..I then looked for the files fsb.exe and msa.exe neither found. going back to msconfig the entry has gone...as I said I only disabled it I did not delete it...so a) what is it and b) where did it go..?

northumbria61 15:17 22 Jul 2010

You MAY have been infected with a virus click here

Other information in this list click here

northumbria61 15:21 22 Jul 2010

I would boot into Safe Mode and run a full check Malwarebytes and Superantispyware - disable system restore first.

northumbria61 15:25 22 Jul 2010
  northumbria61 15:30 22 Jul 2010

**The thing I should have said and omitted to say was run your Anti Virus program first - as fsb.exe is classed as a Virus.**

Sea Urchin 16:17 22 Jul 2010

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware uses Inno Setup (click here) instead of the Windows Installer Service to install the program. MBAM is designed to be at full power when running in normal mode and loses some effectiveness for detection & removal when used in safe mode. For optimal removal, normal mode is recommended so it does not limit the abilities of MBAM. Therefore, after completing a scan it is recommended to uninstall MBAM, then reinstall it in normal mode and perform another Quick Scan.

awest3 16:22 22 Jul 2010

Thanks for these replies...I did run malwarebytes, superantispyware and Asquared..nothing found by any of them....I also checked to see if it was a virus but got conflicting results from google.....Also checked for any files but again nothing found....

awest3 18:04 22 Jul 2010

Also ran the anti-malware in safe mode...still nothing...I'll call it quits for now and repost if it emerges again...

Thanks for the replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?