fs mail email account locked

hmgvs 18:11 08 Oct 2006

my fs mail account has been locked (suspect hubby sent too many emails out in one day) have been on to orange & they say fs mail can only be contacted by email. I've done this and autiomatic response said the account was now unlocked but it's not. They dont reply to my emails (I've sent eight over the past two days) and i can't get a phone number from anyone. i need to get into my email account cos i have important information stored there. any ideas.

Robbiecollie 18:30 08 Oct 2006

Hi,if you use windows mail to read e-mails from your orange mail box then every 90 days approx you will have to reactivate your account you can do this from the orange help page all this does is re- enables your dial up settings as if you was using orange anytime before doing this set a restore point as orange will rebrand you mail programe with advertising,when you have reactiated your orange restore to the point that you made.

hmgvs 22:10 08 Oct 2006

I access my email account via a window on the orange home page.
orange was my broadband provider until august when i changed to talk talk. Cant see where on the orange home page i have to re-activate my account.

skidzy 22:25 08 Oct 2006

I do believe if you have changed your isp,you lose the email account also.

As ive always been with Freeserve/Wanadoo and now Orange i cannot verify that im correct,but im pretty sure you have lost this account.

skidzy 22:32 08 Oct 2006

Shot in the dark here,try to collect your mail from click here if this does not work,i think you need to ring and find out if you can keep this account.Some isp's let you retrieve mail for a further 28 days after you terminate the account.

Woolwell 23:01 08 Oct 2006

fsmail.net is a free webmail service and doesn't appear to be linked to the Orange broadband account. With that you probably had an e-mail address which ended with @freeserve.co.uk or @wanadoo.co.uk or @orangehome.co.uk. However reading the terms and conditions it states that if you click on close account which i suspect you did when changing ISP then the account will close. I regret that I tend to agree with skidzy and that you have lost your account. You can try to log on through webmail and see what happens when you ask for e-mail address or password reminders.
You can try these numbers 09062 517 517 at 50p per minute or 0870 010 2462 at national rates

hmgvs 13:13 09 Oct 2006

I registered a pay-as-you-go account with orange and lo & behold I could then access my FS email account. Not sure if this was the problem, it may be that the department who deal with unlocking only work Mon-Fri!!
anyway - am going to retrieve all my date and open another web based email account elsewhere.
Anyone know how I can transfer all my contacts without having to enter them one by one?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?