fs 9 uninstall?

muddypaws 12:08 24 Aug 2005

When I try to un-install FS 2004 from the CD it shows ' Initialising un-install'. It remains like that for an hour or so ( that's the longest I have left it before getting fed up!) Task manager shows fs9 not responding. Is this correct. I have to say that when I try and run fs9 after aborting the uninstall it is unable to find some files so I assume something has been cleared. The hard drive is working during the attempt. I do a goback to get all fs9 back. If I try via add/remove or via all programmes it doesn't respond at all.Reason for wanting un-install is that there are a few minor errors in it. I un-installed successfully about 8 months ago in about 10 mins.
Any observations please.

Diodorus Siculus 12:41 24 Aug 2005

Do you have the disk with which to reinstall the application; something has gone wrong with the uninstall procedure.

muddypaws 14:11 24 Aug 2005

Yes I do have the disc. As I said above using thatto un install is when it appears to hang.

Diodorus Siculus 15:21 24 Aug 2005

Sorry, misread what you said.

Have you tried a reinstall of the program before trying to uninstall?

muddypaws 16:40 24 Aug 2005

No I haven't tried that. I would feel a bit wary doing so in case it messes it up, then being un able to un-install. I use it a lot. What puzzles me is it is obviously removing some files prior to me aborting. During un-install is it usual for task manager to say ' not responding'? Perhaps I should just let it run and see what happens.

Diodorus Siculus 16:57 24 Aug 2005

What do you mean by "messes it up"? Seems to be messed up already!

I don't see that a reinstall should negatively impact on the program...

muddypaws 18:35 24 Aug 2005

It isn't actually messed up at the moment--just a couple of minor problems at certain configs. 80% of the time it is Ok. Just thought a re-install would cure it, but it doesn't want to do it as easy as last time. I will try an install over the top. As I asked in my last post is it normal for task manager to say ' fs9 is not responding' when it is 'initialising un-install'?
Does TM say that for any programme being un-installed?

PA28 09:44 25 Aug 2005

Have you installed the 9.1 update patch? If you have, try removing that first from Control Panel - Add/Remove programs. Similarly, any add -ons that you may have purchased. Once all have been removed, then go for 2004 itself.

PA28 09:45 25 Aug 2005

Have you installed the 9.1 update patch? If you have, try removing that first from Control Panel - Add/Remove programs. Similarly, any add -ons that you may have purchased. Once all have been removed, then go for 2004 itself.

PA28 09:52 25 Aug 2005

Bit of a problem with posting this morning - hence double entry. I have contacted FE.

muddypaws 12:03 25 Aug 2005

PA28. No I haven't got the patch. I do have a lot of downloads though. I may delete those aircraft first and then try. I have them all on zip. Perhaps you can answer the question I have posed above. When a programme is being un-installed is it normal for Task Manager to say that that programme is not responding. If it is normal then I will just let the un-install continue and see what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?