Frozen Mouse

Quilljar 19:29 25 Jan 2006

A friend has a frozen mouse pointer, using a serial mouse. I have connected a USB mouse and it works fine. Now I wd like to know what is wrong with the serial mouse. Can anyone suggest my next move. It is not a mouse problem it is something in the IRQ perhaps?

Totally-braindead 19:31 25 Jan 2006

Why do you say it is not a mouse problem? Could it not be that the mouse is faulty? Why not just buy a new USB mouse or if you have another serial mouse lying about try that.

Quilljar 16:35 28 Jan 2006

I said it was not a mouse problem to save time of course. We tested several good working mice on the srial port and none of them worked.
USB mouse did work so we are sticking with that for now.

chub_tor 17:35 28 Jan 2006

Have you tried going to Device Manager/Hardware and if the mouse is there deleting the mouse, then switching off, removing your USB mouse, replacing the serial mouse and letting Windows find the mouse again.

chub_tor 17:36 28 Jan 2006

Have you tried going to Device Manager/Hardware and if the mouse is there deleting the mouse, then switching off, removing your USB mouse, replacing the serial mouse and letting Windows find the mouse again.

chub_tor 17:37 28 Jan 2006

Sorry for the double post there seems to be a hiccup at my end.

Quilljar 11:27 01 Feb 2006

I have not tried that as my friend seems satisfied now and has not contacted me again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?