FrontPage2000 - how to save page in pic format?

MichelleC 11:27 26 Mar 2003

A silly one I know. Is there a way to save a page with text and graphics in a picture format, ie; gif, jpeg etc? Or do I have to print off a page and scan it?

MAJ 11:55 26 Mar 2003

You can use Print Scrn to do that, MichelleC. Open the document and press the Alt key and the Print Scrn key at the same time. This will copy the viewable document to the clipboard. Open your graphics package, Irfan view or Paintshop Pro for example and paste it in. As a Document is longer than the screen view you will probably have to take two screen shots, one for the top of the document and one for the bottom of the document. You can then join them together in your graphics package and save them as a gif or jpg.

anchor 12:44 26 Mar 2003

An alternative that I use, and find it most useful, is SnagIt. It enables you to select exactly what part of the screen you want to copy, rather than the whole screen.

click here

MichelleC 12:52 26 Mar 2003

That's great, MAJ. I use PhotoImpact7 and I opened a new web and pasted. It did the whole page image in one. Thanks.

MichelleC 12:56 26 Mar 2003

Thanks for that, anchor, handy little utility.

Taran 13:59 26 Mar 2003

I realise that you've ticked this thread resolved, but...

Not having PhotoImpact 7 in front of me, I don't know whether this is relevant, but it works in PhotoImpact 8 and I'd be lost without this feature.

Click File, go to "Open from Web" and select "Web Page as Image" from the menu. Browse to your chosen web page (either in a local directory or to an online page) and select which html document to open. Make sure the "Entire page" checkbox is ticked (it is by default) and click Open.

Hey presto !

This converts any standard web page into a .ufo file that Ulead can then save as any supported image file format.

As I've said, I don't have PhotoImpact 7 available here (but I will this evening when I get home) so I don't know whther this will work or if it's a new addition to version 8.

Fingers crossed it is relevant.

Regards

Taran

anchor 14:07 26 Mar 2003

MichelleC:

In addition to the method given by Taran, the latest SnagIt, with auto-scroll enabled, will also permit you to capture a long web page.

MichelleC 10:25 27 Mar 2003

Hi Taran, thanks for your options. I tried it in PI7 and can open from web etc, but I don't think I can save it.

Taran 12:38 27 Mar 2003

Well, it was (and is) a good feature, but evidently only under PI8.

Next time I'll check based on version first and post second !

Regards

Taran

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017