Frontpage - what folder do I publish to ?

LaserSailor 12:56 16 Jun 2006

A friend runs a website, has loads of space and agreed to let me use some of it for my site. When I log in to publish my site I can see all his site files plus a folder with my files in, which he loaded from a disc. To update the site should I simply double click my folder and tell FP to publish local to remote, replacing just the changed pages ? I tried to upload a test changed file and it went into the main site.

Thankyou

ade.h 17:29 16 Jun 2006

Just change the directory path to which FP publishes to reflect your destination folder.

Forum Editor 08:52 17 Jun 2006

FrontPage will publish your site to the root of the server space - in other words it will create the files and folders it needs in the same place as your friend's site files.

If you want your site to work independently of your friend's site, on your domain name, it will need to be published as a sub-domain of his site.

ade.h 13:52 17 Jun 2006

That would depend on whether a sub-domain can be created, of course, and whether it's worth doing in this case. You may be happy with the current setup if those who need to view your site can be provided with the correct URL, ie. click here friend's site.com/html/your site's index page.html

ade.h 13:53 17 Jun 2006

I didn't expect that to create a hyperlink without a suffix.

Forum Editor 17:44 17 Jun 2006

you gave it the three w prefix, which is enough to create the hyperlink.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone