frontpage site viewed differently on other browser

erkmatrix 10:21 04 Feb 2006

I've just noticed last night when I tried to view my site on Opera browser that I get a message come up saying

Cookie Security Problem
A path in a cookie does not match the page address
you might want to tell the sites webmaster to set legal cookies

Do you want to accept this cookie
Address click here

opera1=_43e47bd1,,126885^326264_; domain=opera1-servedby.advertising.com; path=/click

Then it lets you either accept it or refuse.
why is this, I tried it again with one of the sites on the critique my site forum here sites and it did the same thing.

Has anyone else had this.

Also my site where I had put faint grey thickness 1 horizontal lines and tables with a faint grey out line all over my site but with opera its a thick dark grey collour.

I tried the site on firefox after this insight and that was even worse my home page was just the thicker dark grey line but my other pages had all sort of things jumbled around and fonts not what they should be.

Its quite annoying this as loads of people are on these browsers now.

Phil

erkmatrix 10:48 04 Feb 2006

Sorry slight mistake it isn't the horizontal lines that show up wrong its the cell borders, they are set to automatic and on explorer they show up as not there which is what I want but in fire fox doesn't matter even if you set to whire they show up as dark grey lines which completly spoils the site.

Phil

PurplePenny 21:19 04 Feb 2006

Give us a link to your site and we'll take a look.

erkmatrix 09:36 05 Feb 2006

sure my site is click here

Forum Editor 11:11 05 Feb 2006

Actually, only a tiny fraction of the online audience uses Opera. FireFox is a different story.

I viewed your site in both FireFox and the beta version of Internet Explorer 7 and it looks identical in both versions.

erkmatrix 11:19 05 Feb 2006

Hi thanks for checking the site, did you check other pages out cause on my firefox the home page shows ok apart from the lines of the table showing up but on the other pages the whole menu bar at the top is all wrong and the three stars next to the title shows as three JJJs instead of the stars.

I'd be greatful if you would just check and see if thats what you see, if not I don't get why I do and why its not the same as what I see on explorer. I downloaed the most recent version of firefox.

Phil

Forum Editor 11:45 05 Feb 2006

in both FireFox and Internet Explorer.

I don't know what you mean by "the whole menu bar at the top is all wrong" on the other pages - it looks identical in both browsers - although I notice that on the 'order' page there are no three stars OR J's.

beynac 11:53 05 Feb 2006

I get the three 'j's. I think that one of your problems with the heading is the fonts you are using ('Alba', 'Alba Super' and 'CommonBullets'). I haven't got these fonts on my computer, which is a fairly standard setup. The text in Alba and Alba Super are defaulting to another font whilst the stars in CommonBullets are showing as 'j'.

erkmatrix 12:16 05 Feb 2006

cheers for this guys, I'll get rid of the stars cause yeah should of known they might not work as a font on everyones computer. Weird about the firefox though cause on mine what I mean is on the other pages the menu title bar is stretched out and not in the right place so just looks messy but I guess if its alright on yours it will hopefully show ok on other people with firefox and work OK.

Thanks for the help, thought I'd have to completly redesign in Dreamweaver cause I persumed it was Frontpage not being compatible with firefox or something like that.

Phil

erkmatrix 12:17 05 Feb 2006

oh forgot to ask what font is the alba and alba super defaulting to, is it looking Ok or would you pick another font that would look better.

beynac 12:23 05 Feb 2006

I can't tell waht it's defaulting to, I'm afraid.

This is what it looks like in my Firefox browser.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone