FRONTPAGE Question

lazanda 11:11 09 Jan 2006

I have built my website in FP and uploaded it.

The problem is when I view it on my laptop (or any PC with a smaller screen its really big and I have to scroll left and right to see all of it.

I know there is a function where it will adjust automatically to the size of the screen its viewed on but I cannot faind it.

If anyone can tell me where it is I would much appreciate it.

Thanks a lot

Paul

lazanda 11:36 10 Jan 2006

I have posted my site and it looks perfect in my browser, but when others look all my menus are bunched up. Can anyone tell me how to do this so it looks the same on all browsers??

I'm tearing my hair out here

Thanks a lot,

paul.

lazanda 12:42 10 Jan 2006

Not at all, its a hypnotherapy website inthe making.

its click here

Thanks for your help.

paul.

Lord Isleworth 15:00 10 Jan 2006

I pasted your site into frontpage and the width is over 1000. If you removed the layer with the navigation bar and set the width to 765 in the table properties you would stp the scrolling problem. Then you could increase the left hand table width and put the navigation bar in again. Also by adding some cell padding (right click on your page and go to table properties - have way down change the cell padding and spacing to say 5 and 5 (you can play around with this) the page will look better in my opinion.

Lord Isleworth 15:04 10 Jan 2006

ps to answer your first question if you set the width to 100% in the table properties then it would fit the whole screen when people view it in the browser.

lazanda 16:27 10 Jan 2006

thanks so much for the info. I will check this out tonight and then update.

Paul

lazanda 10:38 11 Jan 2006

Thanks again guys I just need to fix the menu and its all done.

Lord Isleworth 16:25 11 Jan 2006

Lazanda, re the menu, just inser a one cell table. Right click and go to table properties and turn border width to 0 (normally set to 1) then within that cell put a table with say 10 cells down and 1 across) again right click and set the border to 0 or if you want the table to look like a navigation bar, you could set to one and change the colour to blue to match your sky colours. Within the cell, re-do your hyperlinks,or just paste from the original layer and left align and you'll have a nice neat fixed nav bar. hope that helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?