Front Panel help

Lady Lara 19:09 03 Mar 2006

Pse see this picture of my pc. click here

Where the number 3 is is an 8 in 1 card reader... which works. The S-video, and audio/video connectors do not.

What kind of driver is needed or do my settings need to be different?

All help is appreciated

woodchip 19:14 03 Mar 2006

If this computer was bought ready made the drivers may be on Motherboard CD or on another Partition. If you know what the Motherboard is or Comp Manufacturer you should be able to download Drivers

Lady Lara 19:18 03 Mar 2006

It is a packard bell ixtreme gold mc 1904 - link below. I do not know what to download though.

click here

Lady Lara 20:42 03 Mar 2006

front usb ports on 8 in 1 card reader don't work either... although card reader does!!??!!

woodchip 20:48 03 Mar 2006

Chipset Drivers will be the one, But you need to take the side off computer and check the motherboard, you will see a Back IC with ether VIA or SIS on it. Download the drivers for that chip

Lady Lara 21:25 03 Mar 2006

Opened case and saw a black via chip. dl the drivers for that. still no change..after reboot... no usb front and audio visual does not work... cannot test svideo.

Thanks for so far though!!

remind 21:32 03 Mar 2006

Those are input only and probably require this driver
click here

imacd 22:21 03 Mar 2006

if you've had the case open, did you check that the front ports are actually connected to the motherboard?

Lady Lara 11:52 04 Mar 2006

I do not use them but was hoping to add sound to the tv as i am running a tv out cable to my tv.

The USB ports are simply u/s and although device manager lists loads of usb devices they seem not to work. they are full connected to the mobo so i wonder if they have been burnt out.

thanks anyway for your help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:49 04 Mar 2006

Packard Bell user forum click here

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:11 04 Mar 2006

Seems to be a load of recovery utilities for your machine. Have you got the user guide otherwise viewable here:
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?