Front Page problem

bluto1 23:00 20 Mar 2009

My front page is normally BBC, but after installing IE8 yesterday, Ive lost it to http: // runonce. msn .com/runonce3 .aspx. (Gaps are deliberate to stop a click here)

I tried to change it back in Internet Options but as soon as I clicked on 'Use Current' it reverted to 'runonce'. I've uninstalled IE8, no result, and I cannot get on to System Restore, a window pops up telling me about a runtime error and asking me if I wanted to debug. I had this yesterday on my emails which carried attachments. Can anyone help please?

Sea Urchin 23:26 20 Mar 2009

I guess you mean your Home Page - Front Page is the MS Web Site program

Try the solution from Jenae on this link

click here

bluto1 08:50 21 Mar 2009

You're quite right, but having struggled with this problem for some time my mind was turning scatty(scattier than normal). I'll have a go later, as the boss wants me to take her shopping. Eugghh!! Thanks for your help.

bluto1 22:37 22 Mar 2009

Jenae's answer didn't work, but I read some more of the forum and did some uninstalling and reinstalling.At one stage my PC advised me to use F8 and go to 'safe mode' start which I did and that allowed me to do a system restore. That got me back on even keel but the cost is an extremely slow PC. I'll look into that problem tomorrow, but I'll tick resolved now. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?