Front Page Express/HTML/missing files

User-42BE0B3A-FC75-4118-BB8E1390237F847E 10:54 19 Feb 2003

I downloaded Front Page Express to help with administration of a website (since I can't use HTML).
WhenI attempted to use it, I got error messages -
The first said " The MSACM32.DLL file is linked to missing export NTDLL.DLL:NtClose"
I looked in Find file (in Win98SE) and both MSACM32 and NTDLL are in Windows/System, NTDLL.DLL:NtClose is an invalid file name.
The second said "A device attached to the system is not functioning"
I looked in Device Manager and everything seems to be working (no yellow warnings)
Does anyone know what's happening and can tell me in simple words?
Will reinstalling the files from the Win98SE disk work?
If so, where on the disk are they?
What does the addition ---:NtClose signify?

jazzypop 11:44 19 Feb 2003

Somehow, the original msacm32.dll or ntdll.dll file has been over-written by the wrong version, probably by another piece of software.

click here for instructions to restore your original version

jazzypop

I read the answer you pointed me to that was given to Keith Carley on 26th Jan about the above files.
I've got exactly the same problem appearing when I try to run Front Page Express. I use Win98SE rather than WinME.
Will the same solution sort me out? Where do I find these files on a Win98SE disk.

jazzypop 19:25 19 Feb 2003

Yes, it should work just fine in W98se.

I'm not sure about the location of the original files, but I would guess that they are in the same cab files as in ME.

Another option is to go to Start > Run, type

sfc

and hit Enter. This will scan your system files, and compare your current versions with the originally installed ones. When you get to the two files mentioned above, choose to restore your original files.

jazzypop,
THANKS for the help. I used sfc to extract and replace msacm32.dll and now fpxpress is working without touching ntdll.dll.
Obviously the file had been corrupted (when I was playing with a digital camera?) but is now back working - thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?