Front ear phone connections please.

rickf 09:22 16 Sep 2003

Hi All,
Where do the front ear phone port cables connect to. I have 6 channel sound on board. Managed the usb connections ok but totally flumoxed by the ear phone connections. Thanks in advance.

Smiler 09:35 16 Sep 2003

What motherboard do you have?

DieSse 09:36 16 Sep 2003

You have to look in the motherboard manual to find the connection points for front case connections. Note that is not normally possible to have both the front case audio connections and the rear motherboard connections active at the same time.

Normally there are not seperate earphone connections, just loudspeaker connections - you will need to share them usually.

rickf 14:48 16 Sep 2003

Thanks people. Mobo Gigabyte GA-8IG1000 Pro. I think you're right Diesee. I'll just leave it if the connection cuts off the loudspeakers I had thought maybe its only cut off when the phones are plugged in.

BTW, do you guys happen to know of 5.1 speakers with earphone plug on the front. I don't want the audigy ext. or extigy ext whioch both have this capability.

Smiler 10:06 17 Sep 2003

If you check page 27 of the motherboard amnual you will see that it states

"If you want to use Front Audio connector, you must remove 5-6, 9-10 Jumper. In order to utilize the
front audio header, your chassis must have front audio connector. Also please make sure the pin
assigment on the cable is the same as the pin assigment on the MB header. To find out if the chassis
you are buying support front audio connector, please contact your dealer.Please note, you can have the
alternative of using front audio connector or of using rear audio connector to play sound."

So it's either front connectors or rear.

rickf 11:34 17 Sep 2003

Thanks Smiler. I'll check. Do I take it that you have the same mobo? I am very pleased with it but have not been using the onboard graphics. Bought a MSI 256mb 5600FX instead. I did not like the graphics onboard although adequate fro ordinary purposes.

Smiler 12:35 17 Sep 2003

I don't have the motherboard but am considering building a computer so I was checking out this board along with others (downloaded the pdf manual) and noticed the section I refered to. Hope it helps. Looks a good board. May be worth considering a separate sound card or add the surround kit to the board.

rickf 13:52 17 Sep 2003

Have got a different 5.1 card but have decided not to use at the mo until I can afford good speakers. The onboard sound is 6.1 which is v, useful. The board for your info is v. stable and fast and has 800fsb which is a bit future proof for a bit.

Smiler 09:59 18 Sep 2003

Thanks for that, it's on my list.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?