Fronpage error - submitting a form

Baranth 22:15 15 Feb 2005

I manage a website which is created with Frontpage, I have included a form page which was working fine but the last few days when form is submitted it returns a page 'FrontPage Error' see the web server's application event log for more details. I have checked the mailto function, I have recalculated hyperlinks. Has anyone any suggestion before I lose my sanity.

Forum Editor 23:01 15 Feb 2005

for any length of time you get to know its little quirks and foibles, and this is one of them.

I can't be absolutely sure, but I think you'll find that the FrontPage server extensions have glitched. When that happens the way to sort things out is to disable the extensions, re-enable them, and then republish the site. Almost invariably that will resolve the problem.

Many web-hosts provide a control panel on which you can disable and enable the FP extensions - otherwise you'll have to ask the host to do it for you. Doing the disable/enable will stop the web site from working, so don't forget to republish. If you have a discussion forum on the site it will almost certainly be out of sync with your local saved copy, so make sure that before you re-enable and republish you FTP into the server and transfer the forum message files to your site copy.

Baranth 18:43 16 Feb 2005

Thanks for this advise, my site is hosted by CanHost. I cannot find any facility to disable and enable FP extensions. I will e-mail my hosting support site for thier assistance.

Thanks for your prompt responce

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?