Fresh Internet Explorer

Zebrapec 22:19 09 May 2006

Hi, Ive been having a bit of trouble with IE6 lately, nothing drastic, but more niggly anoying things, like not opening, putting up error messages, and recently messing with my Djvu viewer.
What I would like to know is is there somewhere that I can download a fresh, error free copy, without having to reload windows xp again?
Regards

Totally-braindead 22:23 09 May 2006

I would try to repair it first click here

Totally-braindead 22:24 09 May 2006

If that fails you can download a clean copy from Microsoft or perhaps give the Firefox browser a try.

VoG II 22:26 09 May 2006

Agree with T-B but click here if you must.

Totally-braindead 22:30 09 May 2006

Good one VoG™ even when I beat you to the punch, and thats very seldom, you come up with better links. Perhaps I should give up and retire.

johnnyrocker 23:36 09 May 2006

because my explorer has been misbehaving i thought i would try the idea, when i do it it asks for an xp disk with sp2 on it, my machine is a tad old and i got sp2 from ms updates.

johnny.

Totally-braindead 23:40 09 May 2006

johnnyrocker is that on Vogs link cos I'm sure mine, the Microsoft one gives you options for SP1 and SP2 but I must admit I've never had to do it.

johnnyrocker 23:44 09 May 2006

yes it was vogs link but yours frightens me to death so i will put up with odd probs sorry zebrapec did not intend to hi jack your thread.

johnny.

Zebrapec 23:47 09 May 2006

thats ok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017