freeze and click !!!!

qwesaws 15:42 28 Mar 2006

I have been playing a game called x3 and lately since I upgraded from vers 1.3 to 1.4 the game freezes for 4-5 seconds the theres a click from the computer and the game unfreezes,I have used egosofts forum and the guys there have bee very helpful but haven`t come up with an answer except that it could be the hard drive on the blink but to check where else it is coming from I haven`t done this because the position of the computer makes it very difficult.The local computer expert says it can only be coming from the harddrive,what do you guys think ?, another suggestion is it may be the mouse, I haven`t tried this yet.

ACOLYTE 15:52 28 Mar 2006

Have you tried caching the 3d images? i think there is an option to do this in the command console/options of your ship.Sounds like a graffix card problem maybe overheating,what card have you have?,this is a demanding game graphically.

qwesaws 06:50 29 Mar 2006

thanks Acolyte I`ll try what you suggest, I have a Geforce 7800 GTX graphics card.

qwesaws 07:47 29 Mar 2006

It`s me again Acolyte couldn`t find the caching images item in the command console as you suggested any ideas??

ACOLYTE 13:39 29 Mar 2006

The only things i can think of is what you have already been told,either the hard drive or g-card,do you have any programs running in the background that would cause the hard drive to "hickup"?,like a virus scanner,just another thought do you have any buildings connected to each other?,somtimes this slows my game access right down when they are transfering things from one to the next.I dont know what the "click" could be,have you looked to see if the g card fan is working as it should?I dont think you can un-install the update back to 1.3 and see if that cures it,have you added any modded scripts?

qwesaws 07:29 30 Mar 2006

Acolyte you have been very kind to persevere with my problem I talked recently to a chap who`s very knowledgeable and he is almost certaint that It`s the HD i`ll try afew more things and then I`ll probably get a new HD,
thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone