Freeware CD Ripper

Gary Wood 12:51 07 Aug 2005

I need a freeware CD to MP3 Ripper.

I used to use CDEx, but there seems to be a bug in the current release which means it's unstable (it reports "Failed to load the wnaspi32.dll driver! Use the “Native NT SCSI library” driver option instead?" on startup and then crashes out as soon as you try to use it).

Can anyone recommend any good freeware (i.e. not trial or function limited versions) applications that can rip to MP3 and don't contain any spyware?

Many thanks,

Gary

Stuartli 13:08 07 Aug 2005

If you have Windows Media Player10 (not sure if it was in WMP9), there is a built-in ripping facility for WMA and MP3 files.

See the Rip tab and also look up Rip from CDs in Help...:-)

ACOLYTE 13:09 07 Aug 2005

click here will do the trick and its way better than WMP,and spyware free.

Gary Wood 13:57 07 Aug 2005

Stuartli,
WMP10 has worked perfectly. I already had media player but didn't realise that it could rip to MP3. Last time I looked (which was probably v9) it only ripped to WMA.

Acolyte,
The probem you suggest looks good, but it seems to only be a trial version?

Thanks again for your help.

Gary

ACOLYTE 14:26 07 Aug 2005

No full version it works all the time its optional to buy.

Stuartli 15:58 07 Aug 2005

According to the registration page, it's a 30 day trial period.

If you decide to buy it's also plus VAT if a non-business EU resident.

Totally-braindead 16:01 07 Aug 2005

If you have problem with this in future then download Audiograbber click here its freeware and all instructions are on the site, theres a codec you have to download as well but its also freeware.

ACOLYTE 18:03 07 Aug 2005

Well my copy i have had for 3 years i keep updating when new versions come out and it has worked non stop the only thing that is a trail is the powerpack that lasts 30 days unless you buy.

Wak 18:58 07 Aug 2005

There's also the FREE CD'N'GO from
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?