Freeview setup-HELP!

eroom 23:19 21 Sep 2006

I have just purchased a Tevion HDD. I also have a Duraband freeveiw box and a Samsung TV. I can tune the HDD/DVD into the five main channels, but I am struggling to tune the freeview box.

HDD 2 Scart skt
Freeview 2 Scart skt
TV 1 Scart skt

When and if I get the Freeview box tuned in, will I be able to record from it.

Any answers to these questions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Kev.Ifty 23:28 21 Sep 2006

The freeview box should have a scart output and the HDD Recorder a scart input. Is that not what you have?

eroom 00:01 22 Sep 2006

The Freeview box has two Scarts.Marked TV and Video.

mattyc_92 10:05 22 Sep 2006

Requirements: 2 Scart Leads, Some time to spare, and a 'Freeview-Compatible' Aerial

1. Connect your first scart lead from the 'TV Port' from the freeview box to your TV.

2. Connect your second scart lead from the 'Video Port' to your Recorder.

3. Turn the freeview box on, and select the "New Installation" option if you have already searched for channels.

4. Your done

This should take no more than 20minutes to complete!!

mattyc_92 10:06 22 Sep 2006

ps.. obvioiusly connect your aerial to your freeview box via the 'Aerial Input'

Stuartli 10:35 22 Sep 2006

I have a Pioneer ITVDigital/Freeview set top box, a 13-year-old Mitsubishi Nicam stereo VCR and a Toshiba TV.

The setup I use is that the TV aerial input goes first to the Freeview box, then via a short aerial RF cable to the VCR and the final aerial feed cable from the VCR to the TV.

A short Scart lead from the Freeview box goes to the appropriate input socket on the VCR and the second Scart socket (output) is used for a Scart lead to the AV input on the TV.

As a result I can record Freeview programmes on the VCR (using one of its two satellite recording channels) as well as watch the programmes, if I wish, on the TV.

Normal TV programmes can be recorded as usual on the VCR.

Sounds complicated but, in reality, very straightforwards - the points to remember are that the Freeview box is the starting point.

I'm presuming, of course, that your Tevion HDD is the equivalent of my VCR.

Stuartli 10:37 22 Sep 2006

>>the points to remember are that the Freeview box is the starting point.>>

...the points to remember are that the Freeview box is the "starting point" for both the TV aerial signal and the Scart leads.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?