Freeview on PC

aboutit 14:08 01 Apr 2006

I have a sony desktop pc model PCV-W2. I can watch normal TV via the aerial socket and Giga pocket. I have a freeview box how can I get my freeview channels on the pc? the sony has a PC Card slot/4 pin i link ports. and th pc card slot is PCMC-A type 1 or 11

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:28 01 Apr 2006

If the freview box has a RF loop through aerial then just plug the aerial into the socket on the sony and retune to pick up the freeview box.

aboutit 14:43 01 Apr 2006

I have an ant in on my freeview box and my outdoor aerial is in this I then have out and my video is connected in here. I have a splitter and Ihave tried aerial to pc from both ant and the out socket on freeview box but I can still only pick up normal tv

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:08 01 Apr 2006

retune to pick up the freeview box.

use the channel search facility in the TV software to tune into the freeview channel

aboutit 16:03 01 Apr 2006

I must be doing something wrong.I have put the splitter into the out socket on the freeview box and into this I have put the video lead in one side and the aerial to pc in the other I have plugged the aerial lead into the pc and retuned my Giga pcoket but its still only showing the normal 5 channels and no freeview

CLONNEN 21:00 01 Apr 2006

Can you get the Freeview channels on your normal television set? Or is it only the PC version which won't pick them up?

If you can't get them on your TV maybe you aren't in a Freeview area - maybe that's why your PC can't find them.

Not all areas get Freeview. We don't have it in our neck of woods yet.

Brumas 23:16 01 Apr 2006

I had a similar sort of situation I, well my son actually, cured it by using a TV/VCR SCART (OUT) to Composite (Video-in) / RCA (Sound in) 2m Cable
from the digibox to the PCI card.Hope this helps?

aboutit 16:39 02 Apr 2006

I get freeview on my tv with no problems. I have the outdoor aerial into the ant in socket on the freeview box and the splitter on the TV out on the freeview box with the video lead and aerial lead to pc. Can get normal channels perfect but no freeview on the pc

Audeal 17:03 02 Apr 2006

If you have a capture device installed on your PC as I do then you can run your Freeview box into a VCR and from their onto you capture device, hence your PC. This is how I do it and I can record any program I want.

aboutit 17:08 02 Apr 2006

can you tell me the wire set up please

baldtaco 17:11 02 Apr 2006

My guess is you need to be sending your PC a modulated RF signal. Try sending the signal from the video as that may provide the necessary RF modulation.

Like Audeal just said...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?