freeview installation problems

ellenripley 13:42 19 Dec 2007

I've bought a freeview box with a signal booster box. I cannot seem to connect my dvd, tv and video up to it. I get one or two connected but not all of them at once. My tv has got two scart sockets but the other machines only have one. Can any one help before i throw them out of the window. Also does anyone know of a good freeview box around the £40 - £50 mark?

eedcam 13:56 19 Dec 2007

Freeview box needs to have 2 scarts one to feed the tv and one to feed either a Vhs tape recorder or dvd - recorder (if it doesn't have its own tuner). .That takes care of one socket on the TV leaving the other free for your Dvd or vhs player .Though the better freeview boxes feed whichever recorder you are connected to Recorder back throughthe same scart to the tv. Which would still then leave one spare on the tv. If your F/view box does'nt work like that then you need to buy a Multiple scart box you can get them for about atenner at argos or Maplins

Technotiger 14:05 19 Dec 2007

Hmm, it is unusual for DVD players and VCR's to only have one scart. You would be better off changing those items for similar, but with two scart sockets. In my area these are very easy and cheap to come by, maybe only about a Tenner each. Having two scarts makes life a lot easier.

Might seem a lot of hassle to begin with, but much easier in the long run.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?