Freeserve warning

ened 06:32 30 Mar 2004

If you are a Freeserve user and experience difficulties with IE or OE do not assume it is your fault.

I have just wasted 48 hours checking everything (on their advice)only to receive an admission this morning that they were "experiencing difficulties with their servers"!!

This is the first time in six years they have admitted culpability,and their first reaction is always to advise you to check your settings.

Of course the more people who telephone their helpline the more income they get - or am I just being cynical.

lpl56407 08:43 30 Mar 2004

Freeserve call them 'Technical Support'. The operatives are NOT tecnical and they have no idea of support. This I found out during a long running problem with Freeserve Broadband.
Advice to all. DO NOT EVER call Freeserve support.

MidgetMan 09:45 30 Mar 2004

Hmm, maybe that would explain why all e-mails sent to me on friday/sat were kicked back to the senders. All seems to working well now though.

ened 10:23 30 Mar 2004

Yes it does appear to be resolved now - but they told me that they were working on the servers.
If they really cared about customer service they would have mailed us prior to doing the job and warned us.

Unfortunately I think it is more about making money!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?