Freeserve to Wanadoo to Orange

MIKE. 14:57 21 Oct 2006

I understand Freeserve had become Wanadoo, Wanadoo became Orange. What confuses me does freeserve email address's still work now that its been encompased by Orange. The reason I asked a relative of mine has found her freeserve email address does not seem to work. This could be caused by dodgy digits as she has poor eyesight, just curious re Freeserve now it is with Orange.

SURVEY 15:01 21 Oct 2006

Mike - Yes the Freeserve and Wanadoo email addresses still work just as before. Indeed my own email address is a Freeserve one.

MIKE. 15:05 21 Oct 2006

One final question SURVEY what are the pop & smtp setings are they pop.freeserve.net or pop.freeserve.co.uk. I have done some research on the web and seem to be getting conflicting views.

Batch 15:43 21 Oct 2006

I use pop.freeserve.net, but you may well find that other variants also work (still) - thus the advice you've seen elsewhere is not necessarily conflicting.

IPA 16:05 21 Oct 2006

I have used pop3.freeserve.com and smtp.freeserve.com since I open my Freeserve account some years ago.

bretsky 16:14 21 Oct 2006

I have been with Freeserve for years, all through the various changes. POP account settings are: pop.wanadoo.co.uk and SMTP settings are: username.freeserve.co.uk

I use Mozilla Thunderbird as my email client in line with Mailwasher 5.2 and Msgtag status 2 and all works tickety boo here and has done for years.

HTH

bretsky ;0)

MIKE. 17:39 21 Oct 2006

sorry guys for not replying earlier I had to go out thanks for all your help. What are the rules With Freeserve in regards to pop settings. Do all the variant settings work ?

Woolwell 19:27 21 Oct 2006

I use pop.wanadoo.co.uk and smtp.wanadoo.co.uk with a freeserve account.

VCR97 19:43 21 Oct 2006

pop.freeserve.com and smpt.freeserve.com here.

MIKE. 21:57 21 Oct 2006

Many thanks again for folks for all your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?