Freeserve mail server and outlook express

Stevie D 11:45 07 Sep 2004

Hi,

I use freeserve anytime over an ISDN connection with the mail client of outlook express v 6 on a win 98 PC.

I can connect to the web through ie without any problems, however, when i try and send and recive my mail messages through outlook express I get the following error messages: -

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.freeserve.com (1)', Server: 'pop.freeserve.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.freeserve.com (1)', Server: 'pop.freeserve.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your User Name was rejected. Account: 'pop.freeserve.com', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

I have tried getting my messages through web mail and this works fine so I know my e-mail account name is OK as is my password.

Any ideas - thanks Steve.

woofwoofbark 13:50 07 Sep 2004

i get exactly the same thing when i try to send and recieve with my btinternet.com email addy from BT ... im calling them just now to see if they can fix things

but funnily enough when i use hotmail through OE it goes through fine

geo

woofwoofbark 13:56 07 Sep 2004

Ive just called and they said because im on the basic email option , this doesnt work with OE I would have to upgrade to premium mail for that to function with OE ... ah well , im just gonna leave it , why pay money when the basic email is fine for me

cheers

geo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?