Freeserve emails not getting through

Brirev 13:13 06 Jul 2010

I have a Tiscali.co.uk email address and I have become aware that no Freeserve emails are getting through to me - there are no filters that I've set up as far as I am aware.

I've asked TalkTalk about this, but no joy so far.

Any help would be much appreciated!

interzone55 13:22 06 Jul 2010

In cases like this it's usually a case that an ISP has been hit by a huge amount of spam from a particular domain, so until it's investigated they just block the whole domain.

It's unlikely that a front line support person will be aware of this, as it won't have been added to their script, try to speak to someone higher up, or maybe try talking to someone at Orange who now own Freeserve...

Crunchy 14:51 06 Jul 2010

You may have to reactivate your account with orange if you have not dialled in for a long time. Go to click here log in and reactivate account on next screen.

Dipso 21:50 06 Jul 2010

Orange are having trouble with there emails again it seems click here

Brirev 14:43 11 Jul 2010

Thanks for your answers on this - emails are now getting through without any user changes being made.

Dipso 17:48 11 Jul 2010

It does usually rectify itself, the problem is it can't really be relied on for important emails. Fortunately I have several email accounts so tend to use an alternative when I want to be sure something will get sent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?