Freeserve Dialup

websurfowen 09:45 10 May 2006

Last wednesday my neighbours diall up internet stoped connecting.
When he tried to connect again is vertifies the username and password but then says 'disconnecting...'
At other times it says 'Line busy' or 'No diall tone'

How can if ix this?

Totally-braindead 09:50 10 May 2006

First check the diagnostics on the modem under control panel, theres an option there "query modem " I think its called, try this first and make sure the modem is actually working properly. If its ok then I'd check the cables are all ok.Next check the internet connections settings and make sure they are all right. If you go to the wannadoo website you can print off what the settings should be from the members bit of the site.

websurfowen 09:53 10 May 2006

I have changed the cable that connect from the modem to the socket. It seems ok. I went into the device manger and checked modems. It said that it was working properly.

Diodorus Siculus 09:57 10 May 2006

When "call waiting" came out, messages left on the voicemail used to cause something similar - worth checking if it's there.

websurfowen 10:00 10 May 2006

No, the person does not have call waiting or an answering machine. This cannot be the problem. What about trying another dial up provider. Should this work

Diodorus Siculus 10:03 10 May 2006

No harm in trying - what error codes are generated?

Diodorus Siculus 10:04 10 May 2006

Dial Up Number: 0844 711 0059
Username: freeisp@internet
Password: internet

UK Free ISP & Dial Up Internet Access. Get Free ISP services now
click here

tiscalitrev 10:09 10 May 2006

Hi websurfowen, I use freeserve dial up as a backup to BB.I have received an e mail from freeserve saying they are changing the dial up number (and also increasing the charges at certain times of day). They were going to download a programme to change the settings but I do not think they have done so yet.This may have something to do with your problem as they may be working on the old number.I have not tried my connection so I cannot say if it works.
Trev.

websurfowen 10:58 10 May 2006

That exactly what i thoughy. Around the same area a number of internet connections have been unavailable. I was told by BT that the where upgrading the exchange and that internet would be unavailable for 2-3 weeks
I will try using a new provider

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?