Freeserve

Clint 13:14 01 Jul 2003

Over 2 yrs ago I changed from freeserve to ntl world. Apart from the header row continuing to show Internet Exporer provided by freeserve everything has worked well, until last week that was.
When I launched Outlook express to retrieve my Emails the whole thing has been hijacked by the freeserve page. A blue rectangle with active boxes for web search, freeve home page, and auctions.
I have tried everything I know of to get rid of this but to no avail. I have even downloaded version 6 of Internet Explorer which contains Outlook Express and even this has not done the trick.
Is there anyone out there who can tell me how to remove all traces of Freeserve from my computer, without having to format the whole drive.
Regards
Clint

zanwalk 13:33 01 Jul 2003

You should be able to do it with a trip to the registry. Back up a copy of the registry first, and then use the search facility to find all references to 'freeserve', and delete them. Do make a back up first in case you delete a vital entry, as there is no recycle bin in the registry!

Jester2K II 13:39 01 Jul 2003

Or (Shameless plug for Jester2K.co.uk) click here Third program down I.E. Debrander to start then tell us whats left to sort out...

zanwalk 13:41 01 Jul 2003

Yes, I had forgotten about that one! A much easier way.

Giggle n' Bits 14:08 01 Jul 2003

and uninstall any Freeserve lines in there.
Then do a file search in My computer for Freeserve, delete all Freeserve stuff, then do it again and search for FSNet.

Make sure you delete the Dial up networking icon for Freeserve and set you new ISP as default ISP in internet properties.

The repiar Ie this will shift hopefully ISP branding.

You can if confident do registry clean as rayburn said also.

in the registry, its the HKEY_CURRENT_USER in there look for software, Microsoft then Internet Explorer then MAIN and in the other window on right delete the one's with Freeserve in the title.

Also look in Toolbar.

Easier way is to search thorough all registry for Freeserve and delete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires