FreeRam XP Pro

ste76 22:49 28 Mar 2008

What j'think of it?

woodchip 22:51 28 Mar 2008
  ste76 22:57 28 Mar 2008

sounds the biz, dunnit? so what j'think?

woodchip 23:00 28 Mar 2008

Don't bother with much like that, Used to when I first started with computer's back in 1995. Memory is that cheap now as is a power Computer, it's not worth overclocking and messing. I prefer a Stable Computer

LABMAN 23:30 28 Mar 2008

It's great if your running a PC with less than 2GB of ram, I used it for years and installed it on every PC and laptop I could, even those at work, however once you go over the 2GB mark it becomes redundant as it only recognises up to 2GB and shows your memory at 100% all the time.

cocteau48 08:05 29 Mar 2008

There are a number of similar programs available ,some free,some paid for,but whenever I have read comments about them on forums etc. the same theory is put forward time and time again - and that is that they are only relevant if you are running a pre-XP OS. Anything XP and later - Windows carries out the same function automatically.
If anyone wishes to confirm this .... please do.

sunny staines 13:50 29 Mar 2008

the only decent free ram manager is the one in advanced windows care by iobit its found in the tool section. run smart clean not the deep clean.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?