Freemake video convertor programme disappeared

laptopdunce 09:21 21 Feb 2015

I recently made a post about how to convert files to DVD format and was sent the download ling for the Freemake Video convertor, which was indeed a great programme, I installed it as per instructions and did the custom install to block out all the crap. I had it on two laptops and just recently it has suddenly "disappeared" off both the laptops, I am wondering if there is a time limit on this programme to "draw you in" to buy the full version in that it only installs for a month or so on your computer and then disappears, I have just reinstalled it but am wondering if it will "disappear" again?? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:07 21 Feb 2015

Not had any problems with mine, been using it for a year or so now.

laptopdunce 14:13 21 Feb 2015

how strange that its suddenly disappeared on my main laptop, even from the control panel programmes, I am sure I didnt remove it. laptopdunce

wee eddie 17:02 21 Feb 2015

Strange: Computeractive seem to be convinced that it's download is a sump of PUP's.

I'm sure that you managed to avoid all of them, as, in their estimation, it was difficult to avoid getting at least one of them.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:24 21 Feb 2015

Yes it is!!!

You must make sure you do the custom install and untick **ALL the options.

then you get just the program which really is good it will convert many video and audio formats and also allows trimming of video files great for removing adverts from TV films or programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017