Freecell again

Tony The Bike 18:59 19 Jul 2003

Four days ago I put in a thread about freecell not working. The timer stays on all the time and stops me from playing the game. I have formatted my hard drive to fix the problem, and it worked for about 24 hours and then it went back the same way.
When I formatted my hard drive I put some games on,one of which was bookworm,then I put my ISP back on and McAfee and ran a virus check. It came up with infected file in bookworm. I quarantined it,went into reg edit and deleted bookworm but freecell still wont work.
Can anyone help me I would be very interested to find out how to cure the problem without having to format my drive again.

Djohn 19:13 19 Jul 2003

Have you tried diabling the antivirus while you play? Perfectly safe to do so while off-line.

Tony The Bike 20:11 21 Jul 2003

Thank you Djohn I have tried the antivirus and no look it is still the same.

Djohn 21:41 21 Jul 2003

Sorry that didn't cure it. If you are using 98se as your O/S try the following. Use Ctrl/alt/del. to bring up all running programs, then close one at a time to find the conflict. It will be ok to close all programs except explorer and sys tray. j.

Tony The Bike 16:12 22 Jul 2003

Thank you Djohn It worked when I close the lot and left explorer and sys tray in.

roygbiv 18:03 22 Jul 2003

This problem is happening to my mother in law and she doesent know what to do now (she plays Freecell a lot). Alan.

Djohn 18:38 22 Jul 2003

Your welcome. I too enjoy the game, play every night, highest score so far is 150 consecutive games at 100%. Out of all the possible combinations, I believe there is only one that can not be completed! Can't remember the number at to Mo. but have it written down somewhere.

roygbiv, try as above suggestion then re-introduce each program one at a time to find the one causing the conflict. Usually it can be traced back to, Anti-virus or Firewall program that causes the prob. Regards. j.

Tony The Bike 14:51 23 Jul 2003

"HI" roygbiv,it was freeserve connection kit that stops my Freecell if you have got it stop it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?