Free webspace 741

zemdarin 14:45 22 Nov 2007

Does anybody know if the above is OK for free webspace. I had 15mb webspace with talktalk but they have managed to loose my site. Apart from the fact the broadband is very intermittent also. Is it possible to change from talktalk even though they now have my phone line instead of BT.

DieSse 15:06 22 Nov 2007

I don't know that one - but I do use free space on Awardspace click here and it's been very reliable.

Graham. 15:07 22 Nov 2007

741 is a web hosting site, not an ISP click here

zemdarin 15:18 22 Nov 2007

Thank you both for URL's I know that 741 is a web hosting site, but I wanted to know if they are any good. The other question was how do I get away from talktalk when my phone line is with them now and not BT. Can I just ask for a mac number and move back to BT or would that be almost impossible with talktalk

interzone55 15:20 22 Nov 2007

The 40mb a day bandwidth limit on the free account seems a tad low.

Graham. 15:25 22 Nov 2007

You can move away from TalkTalk at the drop of a hat. If you are still in minimum contract, they may charge you a penalty.

Your line is still owned by BT, TalkTalk have just been paying your bill.

Graham. 15:26 22 Nov 2007

I'm with click here, very happy with them.

zemdarin 15:57 22 Nov 2007

Thanks Graham I have just passed my 18 months contract with talktalk so no penalty, except I have been reading so many problems of people trying to get away from them. For instance going weeks without a phone or access to the Internet. They are not the worlds best especially trying to phone help and support there just isn't any. It is an unbundled line I am on. That host looks OK but you have to pay and my site is only for family and local news where I live.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?