Free Website building software.

futurekid 13:13 27 Sep 2006

hi,
i want to be able to build my own website in html. But to be hounest i want some software like microsoft frontpage, and at the moment i havent got the money to go and buy the microsoft software. So does anyone know of any freee web building software that i will be able to upload to my freewebs account

Thanks

Ben.

By the way there is only 1 restriction that might make the search for the software a bit difficult. This is that i am running Microsoft Windows ME. and so can not run software for windows xp

Wak 13:44 27 Sep 2006

Hi, I use NVU which is a drag and drop web site builder and found it very useful, easy and FREE.
click here

Hope this helps.

Diemmess 13:44 27 Sep 2006

In similar circumstances to yours about 3 months ago I was recommended to buy a copy of PC PRO issue 140 which had a Freebie - NetObjects Fusion 8. (This is in the CD but not on its label)

NOF is now into version 9 and not free, but if you can find the one I have it will do exactly what you seem to want.

Wak 13:45 27 Sep 2006

P.S. I use NVU on Windows 98SE.

Belatucadrus 14:02 27 Sep 2006

Or Webplus 6 click here After NVU the most comprehensive freebie

SiteGenWiz click here

WYSIWYG Web Builder click here works quite nicely.

Darkstreet click here bit odd, but workable.

anchor 14:58 27 Sep 2006

Some years ago, Microsoft used to give Front Page Express as a free download. It was a cut down version of Front Page at that time.

I still have a copy, here is the URL

click here

it is about 1.5Mb in size. I assure you that it is "virus-free". I got it from Microsoft site before they stopped making it available. I now use Front Page, but used this Express version for quite a time.

A tutorial for FPX is here:

click here

Hope this helps.

Belatucadrus 13:21 29 Sep 2006

click here Dynamic HTML Editor 1.9

GroupFC 13:37 29 Sep 2006

bookmarked!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?