Free Web Hosting etc.

Bagsey 10:36 09 Jul 2004

I run a web page for a pensioners club and am now involved in setting up a U3A club which wants a web presence. Does anyone know of a good free web hosting provider. Or if it is possible to run two websites using a free allocation from one provider. At present I am using Bravenet which find to be ideal for our purposes and would ideally like to either continue with them or find another very similar.
click here

georgemac 11:20 09 Jul 2004

who is your isp? I use my free web space provided by my isp to host 2 websites. Bought the domain names from one and one for £5 each for 2 years, and this gives automatic redirection to the website and email forwarding from the websites. Works very well.

Bagsey 17:14 09 Jul 2004

^

Gaz 25 17:27 09 Jul 2004

....as much as we'd all like free hosting.

No one can offer a reliable system! :-(

I host my own websites - but I'm not going to take responsiblity of hosting other peoples.

Master Chief 18:08 09 Jul 2004

click here are not too bad. They give you (if I remember rightly) a fair amount of space and bandwidth and it is advertising free. Maybe, just maybe, I *might* be able to give you some space from my website for free, you know, give you a subdomain etc. If you're interested, just email me at quintusATdeadducksoftware.co.uk (replace AT with @ just incase you didn't know :) ) and I'll see what I can do. It might take a while for me to reply because I'm not at home at the minute.

Master Chief 18:14 09 Jul 2004

Now that I've actually read your post I don't see why you couldn't host two websites with who you are with just now. Just create two folders in the root directory i.e. "www . arthurbaker . bravehost . com / site1" and "www . arthurbaker . bravehost . com / site2". If you'd still like to contact me about me providing you with some space then feel free too.

Bagsey 22:52 09 Jul 2004

Thanks everyone for your responses I am particularly interested in Master Chief's idea to run two webs from my existing supplier so will look into that. Once again many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?