Free web hosting?

antony.dandrea 09:46 26 Jul 2008

Does anyone know any where that i can get free webspace with a decent amount of MB.

Thanks

robgf 01:39 27 Jul 2008

Free Web Hosting lists the best free web hosts:
click here

Note that although some free hosts give you a large amount of space, most limit your file size (usually to 500k) and most state in their TOS, that they are web site hosts, not file hosts.

A list of free file hosting sites:
click here

manrow 20:51 29 Jul 2008

Okay so free web hosting may have some limitations!

So what hosting sites are you using which give you vast amounts of space at a reasonable price?

DieSse 20:51 03 Aug 2008

I use awardspace, which is excellent. No ads, no pop-ups - it does have a 500KB file size transfer limit.

click here

You can even have free sub-domains on it.

djbenny 13:00 04 Aug 2008

the_doctor your isp usually provides free web space with your package, try looking into that

livewire 22:31 04 Aug 2008

I would give another vote for AWARDSPACE.

It is excellent as far as free hosting goes with no ads!

tobyb121 18:42 18 Aug 2008

Try 247ihost.com, its completely free and has no ads, and gives you 20GB bandwidth and 5GB Strorage

wilkomat 20:03 22 Jan 2009

Hi see here for some help: click here

It tells you about what i would say is the best free web host at the moment and what you are likely to get for you money? It has everything you will need and a lot more including no advertising. Many free web hosts don't include mySQL databases and other little things you many need later on.

Obviously being free there are downsides to it, so read the post about users experience with the hosting company.

Also on that site you can see more information about paid hosting and compare it against the service you require and get with free packages.

Overall, just check that site and weigh up the pro's and con's of free web hosting.

Graham. 09:56 23 Jan 2009

I have 4 websites on click here, browse the forum click here

draqu83 13:57 28 Oct 2009

hello,
i reccomend this one: click here

free, works ok for me and there are no ads.

Terry Brown 20:35 28 Oct 2009

I also reommend Heart Internet.

For a small price you get web space, 100 Emails addresses and a wide election of tools for your web pages.

Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?