FREE VIRUS SOFTWARE avg will not work after years

Jade 14 G 18:30 07 Feb 2007

Need a free if possible a virus software as have avg for 5 years no trouble and have downloaed it twice today and its still got time error on it so need some other protection, or will system restore help

VoG II 18:33 07 Feb 2007

click here

Download it.

Disconnect from the internet.

Uninstall AVG.

Install Avast!

Jade 14 G 18:46 07 Feb 2007

Thank you, just did not know what to , update on avg is l clicked view on main screen and ticked ignore problem, colours back in avg on taskbar but all the colours for componants are now in blue and red exclamation is yellow things l have never seen before

p;3 19:06 07 Feb 2007

click here I think I will assume that you no longer wish for help on this thread then after all that ?

p;3 19:13 07 Feb 2007

ps; I think you will fall into the same trap as before unless you create a folder as stated on the previous thread so you CAN locate the program ; I think that is a major part of the problem and not the avg itself

Technotiger 19:26 07 Feb 2007

Hi, open this link and scroll down to the first Orange coloured Download link for avg7.5, just below the small Windows Logo.

click here

this will then download and install the latest Free AVG7.5 for Windows. When completed you will find that it does look a little bit different than the old version. The next thing you need to do then is click on Update ... this will update the virus database and turn your icons the correct colours, and will also turn the new Red warning icon within the new AVG7.5 Green - once that happens you will know that all is well.

Good luck.

Jade 14 G 20:37 07 Feb 2007

I did open a folder first and followed vog's advice thanks vog, and have just finished downloded avast. I said on a previous email that l had opened folders but after the third time of downloading avg and have never had no trouble before and did not have folders then for 5 yrs l had to have some protecton as every time l downloaded avg the same time problem came up and one part was in red, l did not make it happen as have downloaded loads of difernt stuff but cannot tell you why it happened and wished it had not and then l would not have been a bother. Have just done a full scan as l thought l could have cought anything but l was lucky it was fine.
What l really came on was to ask you a question, l took avg of from add and remove, no other avg products were there and still have none but in the folder you told me to make there is avg spyware free but that is the only place it is so is it ok to delete it or not.
I have usd computers a lot but am not as high up as some of you , l have to use them as l cannot walk so have to work at home to survive and on my own, else l would not have to ask you all for help but reading l will fall in the same trap after being eleven hours with this and a student shouting for help in the middle that has paid for a course l was doing my best to keep up with you and am in pain all the time not just an odd day and l was telling you things that l had done after advice from you. But try thinking what it feels like when you read a post like that.

pac73 21:03 07 Feb 2007

Are you Jade Goody;)

VoG II 21:04 07 Feb 2007

Not funny.

pac73 21:10 07 Feb 2007

Sorry,i should,ve looked at the last post.REALLY SORRY.

p;3 21:47 07 Feb 2007

please state what installed antivirus protection you now believe you have on there? this is important as, it looks now as if you could have two programs on there;with which program did you do the full scan?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone