Free Virginmedia 2-10Mb free upgrade

birdface 10:48 15 May 2009

After Googling for it I was directed to this site if you want it installed a bit quicker.Whether it actually works or not i am not sure.But worth a look. There are some that have already been upgraded but not sure if it is through the site or whether it is being done Area by Area.

click here

birdface 11:22 15 May 2009

Already posted,So will class as resolved.

BT 08:04 17 May 2009

I received a mailshot on Wednesday went to the site and put in my email and password. They then did a modem check and said I would be informed when the upgrade had been done. I noticed a sinificant increase in speed yesterday (Saturday) and did a speed check which gave me about 9.86mbs which is not bad.

It seems that they are doing it area by area so perhaps you will need to wait until you get the mailshot.

birdface 10:30 17 May 2009

Thanks Bt for the info.I think most who put in there e-mail address and password get it upgraded within 2 days.So I will give it a try and see what happens.

birdface 10:46 17 May 2009

It will not accept my e-mail address for some reason.Maybe because it is NTL and not virginmedia

BT 16:50 17 May 2009

My Email is also NTL so there shouldn't be any problem with yours. Its the same provider after all.

BT 07:26 18 May 2009

It needs to be the Primary Email address and Password that you originally joined NTL/Virgin/Blueyonder with.

birdface 09:00 18 May 2009

As far as I know I have never changed my username or password.I have a letter from NTL from a few years ago with the details on it.And I have never changed them.I have always used the same e-mail address.Well as far back as I can remember.The possibilities are that I may have changed it when I first got it to something that I would remember.But if so I forgot.
Not to worry we are supposed to get it in may which only leaves 13 days so will wait and see.

birdface 10:04 22 May 2009

Finally managed to register.But not looking good for a quick result.Anytime up till august with no specific date.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?