free video creating software?

originalmiscellany 08:59 04 Feb 2007

I'm after a free program which will let me put 160 pics of my friends wedding in order, ideally to display each picture for 1 second, then move it on. However i'd like to add some music and then in the background have a 1920's effect...

Having looked at Windows Movie Maker, I don't think it's powerful enough, and the output files aren't good enoughq quality!

Is it possible to do what I want for free?

Terry Brown 09:01 04 Feb 2007

Do you have Powerpoint on your system as that will do yhe job (Part of Office software)
Terry

eedcam 09:31 04 Feb 2007

Widows moviemaker output quality not good enough .Sorry but you are wrong there.depends on what you tried to achieve . If you save to pc and choose dv-avi as your export there are several free programmes that would then let youconvert and burn that to dvd.If you only want to view on pc there are a few other settings you can use.At the end of the day I would consider buying a programme that will do abetter job Magix . ulead or adobe elements thay all do free trials. Magix Photos on cd and dvd has more effects and music tracks

BT 08:08 05 Feb 2007

It seems you want to make a slide show. Windows Photo Story 3 is a FREE download from the Windows website and will do a very good job.

GroupFC 09:34 05 Feb 2007

Windows MovieMaker will do all of that (and more besides!), with the exception of burning to DVD.

I agree with eedcam about the output quality - I think you need to investigate the settings you are using for the finished "movie".

A useful site for MovieMaker is click here

eedcam 09:47 05 Feb 2007

Niggling thought I may be wrong but I seem to recall a some slideshows are limited to 99 frames.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone