free trial on Winaso

bigduvat 22:26 19 May 2008

I tried the free trial as recommended by "buteman"-see slow laptop on pc thread 06/05/2008. However when I installed Winaso and ran the scan,it showed 500 errors on the deep registry scan-but when I tried to expedite the repair,using the allotted 10 repairs-a message came up saying that 10 registry entries were protected by windows? so subsequently I was unable to repair any errors with the free trial. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me on this. (my pc is windows vista home premium)

sinbads 23:15 19 May 2008

i think you have to keep running the scan and select delete each time protected ones will not be deleted; but you need to repeat the scan till all the 500 errors have been checked is a pain.....

try click here is another reg cleaner that works well and free

swanny2 00:21 20 May 2008

Yes Bigduvat ,mines the same , u need too keep running the scan ,then let it repair ten, then scan again , sorry but i had like 400 ,i do a few evryday or when im doing something,down too 100 now. :O)

birdface 08:29 20 May 2008

Sorry posted on another thread thinking it was yours.Once you have scanned press continue.Repair .Return. Then you start again.Make sure you do not delete anything that it tells you not to.Now some of them it will advise you not to delete as they are part of Windows so leave them but delete all others.Its a pain in the but having to go through all of those I only had 140 odds on mine.But it was worth it at the finish.

birdface 12:17 21 May 2008

You can untick some of the squares,If it does not find anything on certain items just untick the box and it will not scan that one on the next scans.This should speed it up a bit.

bigduvat 15:55 22 May 2008

Hi I followed your instuctions and on (Wednesday 21/05/2008) I successfully removed all errors-unfortunately however when I booted my pc the next day and rechecked with "winaso"-I found that there 365 deep registry errors,7 custom control and 8 invalid file path errors=380 errors ? Can any one help me on this.

birdface 16:57 22 May 2008

A while since I ran my first scan but with some registry problems it tells you that they are needed by Windows,I think it asks you if you want to ignore them the next time you scan,just press ignore,At least thats the way I think it is done.Run your scans again and see what it say's .If they are needed it should tell you save or ignore in future, not sure what one.You took us bye surprise never had anyone with problems with it before.

sinbads 18:28 22 May 2008

unless you pay for winaso its a bit of a pain deleting 10 at a time. try my previous suggestion click here also makes a backup in case. Then if you want you can run winaso see how much of your 380 has been reduced.

conigio 16:13 24 May 2008

I tried the free trial,and thought it was brill so i paid my money and now use it to scan my computer every day at a preset schedule. It does a complete scan of 589,983 files in under four minutes,not like one system i used,that took two hours to complete.
conigio.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone