Free trial of Microsoft Office do I remove...

[email protected] 07:28 19 Jan 2009

... it before installing my purchased copy?
I have a new notebook which came with a free 60 day trial of Microsoft Office 2007.
I have bought a student copy of Office Enterprise elsewhere (much cheaper) and am ready to install it.
Should I remove the free trial first or just load the new disk? I'm not sure if it will validate the installed trial and just load new elements, or leave me with two versions of the same software?
Many thanks!

Taff™ 08:02 19 Jan 2009

Remove it from Control Panel>Programs & Features. There are several variants of Office and it`s best to get a fresh install.

[email protected] 08:06 19 Jan 2009

Thanks Taff- that's what I thought but wanted to check. I presume I can remove Works (which was pre-installed) at the same time and in the same manner?

Taff™ 08:09 19 Jan 2009

Yes but Works is pre-installed and a full version. Although it`s not much use as an Office Suite it sometimes comes in handy for converting or opening documents from others that only have Works on their machines.

^wave^ 08:51 19 Jan 2009

as already said remove the pre installed copy office and install your version i too would leave works on it has some good stuff on it that not on office

[email protected] 09:00 19 Jan 2009

Ok- Thanks! Good point, I have had it on previous machines and never even opened it, but as this has a hefty hard drive in comparison to my last system,I'll leave Works on until I need the space!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?