Free sms messaging???

2CV6 14:58 30 Nov 2004

Hi I apologise if this is not on topic. I'm thinking about using a "free sms messaging service" from the pc. Read all the faq's and the small print but does the recipient have to pay for the incoming text message? Doesn't tell you this fact and I don't want to get told off by my mates for costing them anything instead of me. Appreciate your comments, 2cv6.

TomJerry 15:14 30 Nov 2004

just do not believe anything is free in this world except air.

Orange offer 30 free sms from computer every month, but you have to have an orange account.

2CV6 15:52 30 Nov 2004

Hi, I do have an orange account but cannot find it on their website.Directions,please.Thanks 2cv6

anchor 16:20 30 Nov 2004

Tiscali, (Lineone), offer 5 SMS text messages daily. Free to send and free to receive.

This offer is for those with any form of Tiscali/Lineone account. I have a PAYG account with them, and ensure I log on at least once a month to keep the account active. The SMS message can be sent using any ISP connection; just log in here:

click here

2CV6 16:28 30 Nov 2004

Thanks for that but I'm with Blueyonder for ISP. I know orange do this free text thing for contract customers but I cannot find it. Any clues. Thanks 2cv6.

TomJerry 16:33 30 Nov 2004

click here, once you log into it you will find. My orange is pay as you go

2CV6 18:41 30 Nov 2004

Hi, I'm logged into my orange account and can change things etc,Still cannot find any reference to these free texts. It used to be there a while back hidden in another dropdown menu but I still can't find anything.Thanks 2cv6.

2CV6 10:57 02 Dec 2004

Thanks guys but still couldn't find any link on Orange account pages. Contacted their customer services and they told me where it is. On orange main page select email link and its then there to be seen. Enjoy your 30 free texts a month if you have an orange fone. 2cv6.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone