Free Security Suite

birdface 16:10 22 Nov 2010

click here

Not sure how good it is.

birdface 16:17 22 Nov 2010

Another WinPatrol update available again for those that use it.
Beginning to loose count of all the updates lately for Winpatrol.

cocteau48 16:29 22 Nov 2010

I think the latest Winpatrol update is only relevant to 64 bit users.

The Outpost link looks interesting. Was their firewall not highly rated in the past?

northumbria61 16:42 22 Nov 2010

cocteau48 - "Was their firewall not highly rated in the past?" It certainly was - click here

rawprawn 16:42 22 Nov 2010

Thanks for the heads up on Win Patrol, but cocteau48 is correct it only really affcts 64 bit users so I haven't bothered with this one.
Outpost used to be highly recommended, for anybody looking for a free security suite it should be worth a try.

cocteau48 16:57 22 Nov 2010

I see that the free security suite does not get the multiple daily updates of the Pro version - which is fair enough - but I am not sure whether the updates which it does get are automatic or have to be applied manually.

Belatucadrus 17:57 22 Nov 2010

"Agnitum is the first security vendor to deliver a fully functional free version of an Internet security suite for Windows users."

Comodo could probably dispute that, still always nice to add a new player to the list especially one happy to submit the product for evaluation to VB and others.

birdface 00:21 23 Nov 2010

They give you the firewall with the free security suite but I don't think that you can just download the firewall which I find strange.
You can download the pro version of the firewall for a one of payment that does for life.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone