free registry cleanup

goldenorbs 18:24 09 Feb 2006

Are there any completely free registry cleaners.
I was given quite a few registry cleanup
download addresses last time I made this inquiry
and several said free download and free scan which was done by various of these programmes which gave me a list of faults after the scan but in order to repair all the faults that were found it was necessary to purchase the programme so in effect it was not free.
What I am looking for is a programme which will scan and repair for free.
Does anyone know of any

from
Goldenorbs

Skyver 18:26 09 Feb 2006

RegScrubXP is free, I believe that was one of the suggestions - click here
If you dont have XP click here

Skills 18:29 09 Feb 2006

Regcleaner click here which ive used with no problems to do an auto scan with that start the prog options | registry cleanup | method automatic from the same menu check that its set to make a back up from the backup option.

Then tools | registry clean up | do them all

Ive used that prog with no probs.

Another that was recommended was lexun regscrub XP which i have used a few times click here

goldenorbs 18:31 09 Feb 2006

I have already tried Regscrub which did a scan but then said I would have to register,which cannot be done without purchasing the programme.

from Goldenorbs

Skills 18:35 09 Feb 2006

Strange I did not have to register to use it try the download from the links posted above.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:41 09 Feb 2006

You must download regscrubxp (free) NOT regscrub (cough up). Use the link Skyver posted.

G

skidzy 18:47 09 Feb 2006

Goldenorbs..this may help you and i recommend it.I tried this nearly 2 years ago,and was so impressed i bought the full version.The trial version will fix any errors but only 10 at a time,you can rescan and fix again....and again.Also it optimisers your system to what i would say,very good.Try it,you have nothing to lose.
click here

goldenorbs 18:48 09 Feb 2006

Thanks to all who have replied to my query I think GANDALF has solved my problem I have been downloading "regscrub" instead of regscrubxp.

thanks again to all
Goldenorbs

jakimo 18:48 09 Feb 2006

Easy Cleaner:-

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?