Free Post address- Legit?

Epirb406 18:31 19 Nov 2008

Hi all, I have bought a couple of RAM modules from : click here They don't work. I have been offered a straight replacement set by email. The address I have been dive is: Freepost Mr Memory. No post code, no nothing.

Everything else from the service has been super prompt, efficient and pleasant.

Just wondered if anyone knew anything about freepost addresses or where I could check.

Thanks, Epirb.

PS, their words:

When addressing the Jiffy bag all you need to write is “FREEPOST MR MEMORY”.
There is no need to write the full address as this will be directed straight
back to us through a set up we have with the Royal Mail service; (in fact I
would ask you NOT to write our full address as this delays the procedure
within the Royal Mail).

VoG II 18:37 19 Nov 2008

Seems legit:

"8 February 2008
I would just like to commend the people working at Mr Memory. In particular the two Pauls. This was my 2nd or third order from them and everything went smoothly. Unfortunately I had a module which was DOA. Called them up, spoke to Paul Atkinson and he arranged for another to be sent out the same day. The returns process couldn’t be simpler, Freepost Mr Memory and away you go."

click here

Epirb406 19:43 19 Nov 2008

Think I will cast it into the system tomorrow and hope for the best!

Cheers, Epirb.

audeal 00:09 20 Nov 2008

I think all Freepost addresses just give a name as in your case. This I think is perfectly correct. They go by name rather than address.

cruiser2 13:14 20 Nov 2008

I have recently been shown round a large Royal Mail sorting office. At the start of the automated sorting, a bar code is printed on the front of the envelope. This is taken from a database held on a computer which will include the Freepost address mentioned in the original post.
So don't confuse the automated system.

Epirb406 19:52 02 Dec 2008

Return and subsequent replacement all went to plan (Except for the upgrade failing)

So, thanks for the reassurance and yes just those two lines did it!

Cheers, Epirb..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017