Free PDF writer wanted

Diodorus Siculus 23:49 16 Nov 2007

Particularly one that does not leave ads on the finished document.

Cheers, Dio

DieSse 00:07 17 Nov 2007

I use very successfully Primo PDF. No ads - totally free, good setup facilities - all I could ever want.

click here

Taff™ 08:08 17 Nov 2007

I agree with DieSse however I had problems with compatibility with Vista so I use CutePDF which is also very good. click here Not much to choose between them.

Diodorus Siculus 10:34 17 Nov 2007

Thank you both - good to see the old reliables still answering queries :)

Will give Priom PDF a shot ans see how it goes.

Cheers, Dio

Diodorus Siculus 19:38 19 Jan 2008

Just an update; very happy with Primo on a machine that does not have Office 2007.

Taff™ 06:34 20 Jan 2008

click here[69]=download for PDF-Xchange Viewer which I now use instead of Adobe Reader. It has much more functionality and a smaller footprint. You can add Post-It style notes, Use the typewriter tool to add text, underline, highlight etc etc It also supports tabbed documents so several PDF`s can be open in the same window. Version updates are available from the Help menu.

Diodorus Siculus 09:19 20 Jan 2008

Thanks Taff™ I've been using Foxit Reader for some time now but will take a look at XChange viewer and see how it acts on one of our PCs here.

Cheers, Dio

Simsy 09:58 20 Jan 2008

depending on what your "documents" are, is to use OpenOffice.

This can save direct to pdf, and, unlike cute pdf, (I don't know about Primo), it will keep anybookmarks in the document and save them as bookmarks in the pdf.

It will do this if you have bookmarks in a "Word" document, open it in OpenOffice, and save it as a pdf from there.

It's a big download, but often on Cover DVDs.

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?