Free PDF software?

Pineman100 09:59 23 Nov 2009

Can anyone please recommend a freeware package that will create, read and edit PDF files?

Does such a thing exist?

Technotiger 10:02 23 Nov 2009
  Technotiger 10:03 23 Nov 2009

Hmm, sorry, unless I am mistaken Foxit is only a PDF Reader.

Technotiger 10:04 23 Nov 2009
  Pineman100 15:29 23 Nov 2009

Thanks for that, TT.

My security software (NIS 2009), doesn't like the look of the Brothersoft website. Do you know it to be safe?

Dragonfly2 15:36 23 Nov 2009

Have you tried Primo PDF?

Taff™ 15:36 23 Nov 2009

Don`t know if this will fit the bill but I use it extensively. PDF Xchange Viewer click here Download link at the top of the page.

I use PDF Xchange Viewer to open PDF`s sent to me and as a collaboration tool. You can use "Typewriter" to insert text in text boxes, add sticky notes, highlight, underline, strike through etc. You can even add a "Stamp" for Drafts etc.

To make a PDF I use any Office document and then CutePDF click here to convert it. If I need to change it I revert back to the original Word document and then create the PDF again. An altenative which allows you to add Security to PDF`s is Primo click here

Pineman100 18:02 23 Nov 2009

Thanks everyone for all those suggestions.

It looks as though there are several freeware packages that will create PDF's and add edit notes to them, as well as enabling them to be read. But it doesn't look as though any of them enable the user to edit the text of a received PDF.

Maybe the only way to do that is to spend money!

march 20:51 23 Nov 2009
  Technotiger 20:52 23 Nov 2009

Yes Brothersoft is safe, I have used that site many times.

Pineman100 11:14 26 Nov 2009

I have had a look at all the suggested possibilities, and none of them entirely fulfills what I am looking for (my fault - not yours!).

So I think the best plan is for me to close this thread and start a new one that explains more clearly what I'm trying to achieve.

Meanwhile, many thanks for your thoughts and ideas, which are very much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Apps for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comment regarder le combat entre McGregor et Mayweather ?